Covid-19 click here to know how we care
Grand Hotel Minerva achieves health security verification from Sharecare and Forbes Travel Guide
February 2020. Grand Hotel Minerva is proud to announce that it is has become Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide. The comprehensive facility verification helps ensure that guests and travel planners can book with confidence at properties that have appropriate health safety procedures in place.
This verification comes with an easily identifiable “seal of approval” – the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide badge – based on a hotel’s compliance with expert-validated best practices that minimize the risk and impact of COVID-19 and potential future public health events.
Developed by Forbes Travel Guide, the global authority on hospitality excellence, and digital health industry leader Sharecare, the comprehensive verification covers more than 360 standards across health and hygiene protocols, cleaning products and procedures, ventilation, physical distancing, the guest experience, and health safety communication with guests and employees. Hotels are required to verify their health protocols on an ongoing basis to ensure continued compliance with the most up-to-date global health standards.
“The pandemic has made it clear that hotels and resorts must, first and foremost, assure guests of their safety,” said Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide. "By becoming VERIFIED™, Gran Hotel Minerva has demonstrated its commitment to creating a culture of accountability and following global best practices to heighten health security, certified by a third party.”
For a complete list of hotels and resorts that currently are Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide, please visit www.forbestravelguide.com/verified.
About Forbes Travel Guide
Forbes Travel Guide is the only independent, global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas. Started as Mobil Travel Guide in 1958, the company created the first Five-Star rating system in the United States. Today, Forbes Travel Guide’s incognito inspectors travel the world, evaluating properties based on up to 900 rigorous, objective standards. Forbes Travel Guide also supports the hospitality industry and other service-oriented businesses such as luxury residential, healthcare and private clubs with bespoke training solutions, evaluation services and the creation of custom service standards. For more information, please visit partner.forbestravelguide.com.
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
SAFETY AND COMFORT: ALWAYS!
We continuously follow the development of the coronavirus situation and you can do it by clicking here and we are ready to take further actions, in addition to those indicated by law as per present date by the Government and the Ministry of Health in accordance with the Regions. This is because our goals are:
- Guarantee our guests’ health, comfort and well-being
- Guarantee of our employees’ health.
To the daily cleaning of all areas of the hotel, we have added measures such as:
- Frequent ventilation of common areas and rooms
- Sanitization of air filters and cleaning of air conditioning machines according to current legislation required for COVID-19 (i.e. once a week)
- Availability of sanitizing gel dispenser at the entrance / exit of the hotel, in the common areas and at the entrance of the toilets, restaurants and breakfast rooms
- Cleaning, cleansing and sanitizing of the gym and toilets in the common areas several times a day, based on the influx of guests
- Cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces several times a day, with particular attention to objects that are touched more often such as elevator buttons, handrails, switches, door handles
- All surfaces of the rooms and common areas (included but not limited to Bar, Pool Bar, Terrace, Gym, Meeting areas, F&B outlets etc) are sanitized with certified products and in the ways indicated by the manufacturer to ensure maximum hygiene according to the type of material with which the surfaces to be sanitized are made.
- Constant staff training regarding new provisions
- Sanitization of rooms and suites at each departure
- Procedure for ironing bed linen and towels performed at high temperature followed by fully automated packaging according to the sanitary protocol
- Swimming-pool: water quality control every two hours as per new COVID-19 requirements. Sun beds and sun chairs sanitized at every guest’s change and always at the end of the day.
- Use of masks and gloves by cleaning staff
- Staff with self-certification declaring daily absence of body temperature above 37.5/C \ 99.5 F degrees
- In order to limit contact with staff and guests, external suppliers of goods and services have dedicated access and self-certification will be requested in which they declare absence of body temperature above 37.5/C \ 99.5 F degrees and use of PPE KIT such as sanitary gloves and masks.
Social distancing measures
- Minimum social distance required of 1 mt. \ 3.2 foot, unless guests belong to the same family group or are sharing the same room.
- Guests always have to wear a mask in indoor public spaces. In outdoor public areas only if they cannot guarantee the above-mentioned social distance requirement.
- Staff always have to wear a mask including serving food and drinks at the guests.
- Swimming-pool: must be kept a compulsory 10 sq. mts/107 sq. foot distance between sun umbrellas. Access to the pool is granted only by reservation. Max capacity in the water: 5 guests including one in the jacuzzi section. AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED AND NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL RESERVATION IS MADE
- Gym: Access granted only by reservation. Sanitized at every use by our staff.
- Availability of an APP for use of elevators and opening of bedroom doors.
- Tables for breakfast rooms and restaurant rooms located to guarantee the social distance of 1 mt \ 3.2 feet between guests. Unless they are part of the same family group or sharing the same room.
- Breakfast served at the tables or in the room with the utmost care and attention to hygiene rules.
Security measures for our team
- Avoid handshakes, kisses on the cheeks and hugs
- We often wash our hands, use disinfectant and encourage our guests to do the same;
- Availability of sanitizing gel dispenser;
- Smart working
- Presence in the back office of water dispenser with disposable cups;
- Training courses for personnel on safety procedures;
- Presence of a Covid Manager, guarantor of the application of security protocols;
- Supply of kits with masks, gloves and sanitizing gel;
- Sanitation of the offices once a day, of the touch instrumentation frequently and of the workplace at the end of each shift;
- Sanitation of changing rooms and back offices once a day;
- Lift sanitization once a day.
As anticipated, we are constantly updated on the provisions to be adopted to guarantee your maximum comfort in absolute safety. The Grand Hotel Minerva will soon return to give new emotions and experiences. Florence, our beautiful city, and all of us are looking forward to seeing you as soon as possible.
Last update June 3, 2020