Covid-19 click here to know how we care
Grand Hotel Minerva in Santa Maria Novella Square
Right into the heart of Florence
Grand Hotel Minerva is a historic boutique hotel in one of Florence's finest squares, Piazza Santa Maria Novella. Set right between the church of Santa Maria Novella and the new “Museo del 900” museum, our hotel enjoys a perfect location. We are right by the central station — where a stream of high speed trains come in from Rome, Milan, and Venice — as well as all of Florence's major tourist attractions.
Our square was recently renovated and pedestrianized, graced with an elegant, completely fresh look. In the middle of the square is a lawn edged by fragrant, many-colored roses, and restaurants and cafes are on every side.
In the spring and summer, our vibrant square becomes a stage for street artists, jugglers, and craft markets. You can enjoy this quintessentially Italian entertainment and festive atmosphere even from your rooms overlooking the square — sound-proofed, of course, to give you the rest you need when you need it.
Though the square is a pedestrian zone, you are allowed to come to our hotel by car. Our valet service will take care of taking it to our nearby partner garage.
We are so close to all the major tourist sites that you can have something of an "orientation tour" right from our roof terrace, affording a sweeping view of all of Florence.
- Santa Maria Novella Church: 10 mt | 1’
- S.M.N. Railway Station: 100 mt | 2’
- Shopping Area: 500 mt | 5’
- Cathedral & Bell Tower: 500 mt | 8’
- San Lorenzo f lea market: 500 mt | 8’
- Cappelle Medicee: 500 mt | 8’
- Piazza Signoria & Palazzo Vecchio: 800 mt | 10’
- Old Bridge: 800 mt | 10’
- The Uffizi Gallery: 800 mt | 10’
- The Academy of Fine Arts (with Michelangelo’s David): 990 mt | 12’
- Palazzo Pitti & Boboli Garden: 990 mt | 12’
- Santa Croce Church: 1.5 km | 20’
- Palazzo Affari & Congressi: 500 mt | 8’
- “Fortezza” Exhibition Centre: 800 mt | 10’